Monday, May 5, 2008

Sweet car, nice day, and a fun adventure.

So my parents went off on a cruse with all my Dad's siblings and parents, but kindly left their cars at home (Dad's Nissan has a lot of get up and go, not to mention better gas mileage than our truck). So what did Lyndon and I do? Well, we took a nice little drive around Utah Lake and the surrounding areas of "home explosions". He also had tons of fun taking random pictures...






As we drove through Goshen, we noticed this odd abandoned mine on the face of the mountain, so we took a detour and strolled up there.

The ponds were beautiful, but contaminated with mining residue, so what did I do? I stuck my hand in to see how warm the water was (it was called Warm Springs and it was very warm).There was also a lovely dead skunk, so we of course took its picture.
Too bad Lyndon and I forgot to bring a can of spray paint, so that we could express our feelings all over the falling apart building as well. I'll have to remember to keep some in my bag for our next random trip.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Looks like sweet little Claire has a ton of hair! How cute.

Julie said...

What is that old building-- or what was it?? That looks like fun. I especially like the decomposing skunk, how lovely...

Jared Stubbs said...

Nice-destroy ancient archaeological ruins! Looks like a fun adventure.

Anonymous said...

What?! My car in Goshen? Goshen is full of criminals and misfits. Oops. Is this a public blog?

That's the last time we go on a cruise around Cuba and leave you home alone with the car!

michaelstubbs said...

Looks like a fun Sunday afternoon drive. I miss exploratory runs around the countryside like that. I think that it is a Stubbs' thing.