Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Part II

Dinner


Cabin


Covered Bridge (entrance to "the flume")


The "Flume" (like little "the narrows" with trees)








Our own little boom-box





Rarrhhhh!



Yup, 1600 feet and you're all out of breath (and milk)



Beautiful! (the bridge is nice too)



Beware of the Ents
















Skinny-Dipping

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, did you go skinny dipping in a snow storm??? ;)

michaelstubbs said...

Very cool. I would like to see that myself some day. You guys are lucky to be somewhere so different from what we all grew up with.

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, beautiful! Beautiful...wish I was there! Especially for the skinny dipping...now THAT would be a sight to see!

wendys said...

Wow, fun trips!

Britt-Marie said...

Beautiful! I'm sure that wasn't easy with two kids in tow. Looks like a lot of fun though. Cool bridges, I remember hearing they have a lot of beautiful covered bridges around there.

amber-girl said...

First off...I laughed my head off at the "potty chair" picture and very much enjoyed that post and the one before. Thank you for being a REAL person, and a REAL mom and bringing that to your blog. Sometimes moms just need to know that there are others out there who don't know everything, and struggle too.

Second: I am amazed at the trips you have taken and the beauty you have seen so far away from the West! For that I envy you very much! And I must admit I envy that adorable little ball of smooshy baby hiding somewhere in your baby carrier!!! (I love the little legs hanging out!)

As always, I am glad you let me be a part of your little life through your blog. I don't know how to say this without sounding trite...or just plain corny...but as many friends who have come and gone, I feel quite blessed to have you as a friend in remembering all that you have helped me to overcome and become...I know it wasn't easy at times. Thanks friend.

Emma Jo said...

Um, amazing and gorgeous and fun. So pretty! You guys do fun stuff.

Jared Stubbs said...

The east is beautiful. So is that bridge!

Beka said...

wow! that looks so beautiful!

Jessica said...

Looks so darn beautiful! Looks like a fun little get away! YOu look amazing as always!

Elyse said...

I'm pretty sure I stayed in the exact same cabin!

Julie said...

Uhhh-- where is the skinny-dipping picture? Come on- where's your sense of impropriety? That looks like a beautiful place to go-- and hello-- 1600 ft altitude?? You guys really weren't out of breath, and if you were, get back here and hike in some REAL mountains!!! ;)

Jangs said...

a whole 1600 feet huh? The pictures are incredible. You are seeing some really neat things. And was that lobster on your plate Missy? Wow! You all had some serious fun. Miss you

SP said...

1600 feet was a joke...or the fact that it was "high" was the joke.

Unknown said...

Great fun, huh?
MIss ya!

Tina said...

It was fun to see your trips in pictures. Especially that last one!

Anonymous said...

Was the cut man-made or nature-made? Those are impressive rocks. Did you start off at 0ft elevation and hike the 1600ft? How could those Utah lungs be out of breath?

Nae said...

For FUN! What a lovely adventure with such entertaining pictures!

Abby said...

Now that is beautiful...and a family that hikes together [and skinny dips together] definitely stays together.