Dr. Sues is in my head daily. I have the his ABC book memorized, as well as green eggs and ham. I sort of hate that book now.
But in other news. I'm making stuff and I had to share, because I love it when others share what hey make, so I can make it too!
My friend gave me a sweater she didn't wear anymore, cashmere, but lacking a little
j-crew-ness. Or at least that was what I was shooting for You decide.(it also had holes in the sleves and stains). Don't mind the akward nose mouth shot.

I cut the sleves off and added the pink buttons. I didn't have enough pink buttons for the whole gig, but I think it works...

I used the fabric from the sleves to make the neck "collar" and "flower".
This one has a tutorial on martha stewat. "
Black Apple Doll" is the name and I KNOW you want to make one now. I sure did. SOOOOO easy and SOOOOO cute.

I made this too. Lyndon had to help, but I did most of the work!

I wish she'd stop growing up so darn fast.
I love her blue eyes. Claire's are green.

This last one could say so much. "psst mom, did you hear that?"
16 comments:
You "make" the greatest things...I am glad to find a fellow "Homemade by Jill" junkie. I did felt fruit for Christmas...
Sure do enjoyed your blog; must comment more!
How the heck do you find time to do these things??? Very cute by the way...all of it...and the sweater is definitely full of J-crew-ness...love it!
The sweater turned out really cute! And I love the doll, but I do think your last creation is the best!
You got skillz! Seriously, I love the sweater!
once again I am impressed! Love the sweater!
You are so amazing. I don't even know how you did that with the sweater. Take pictures step by step next time. Great job with the doll too. I'll have to look that up.
Very cute and stylish! I need some help with my crafyness. I have all these thing I want to make, but NO skills.
I am impressed with your mad sewing skills. Seriously. I think that Sidney's eyes look like Claires minus the color.
You did a great job on the sweater and on the doll and on the baby.
I hate the Doctor Seus ABC book but I am still OK with Green Eggs and Ham and the Cat in the Hat. I am a children's book snob. There are some books that I simply won't read because I think that they are boring or dumb.
I love that doll. Great job on your sweater!
Wow! I love it! All of it. You're one talented lady.
Great job! All of your achievements!
Great to see pics!!!
I am soooo impressed!
So so so cute!! ALL the projects!! It makes me want to get busy doing the same things-- except the last one-- I just got one of those and I think I am DONE. No, I don't THINK I'm done-- I KNOW I'm done:)
You are so creative from sweater to baby. I am so impressed
Thanks for sharing. I love your cardigan. I think I might try that one. I would love to make that black apple doll but I need a girl to get me excited about that one. Keep sharing the ideas their so cute.
Post a Comment