I tell you folks, this is it....a revolution to your cooking. I made fish and steamed veggies all at once in less than 20 minutes and the fish was even frozen. The night before I put a bunch of potatoes and carrots together with some garlic cloves for flavor and had it done in 15 minutes. Clean up is a snap and the food is healthy and well cooked, but not over done- so you keep the vitamins. (if you don't wait too long).
I got a large one at a yard sale for $2, hardly used, and cleaning before use was cinch....just steam the thing- nice and sterile.
You place the bamboo steamer in a pan that fits snuggly around it, add water up to the first tier, put herbs in the water for flavor or sprinkle it on the food, and voila!
I just ask myself why I did not start cooking like this sooner?

8 comments:
Can you steam rice in it? I want to make sticky rice and don't quite know how.
I can't see your picture. But I think use to have one. When we ate in China Town they brought our dim sum out to us in a bamboo steam all stacked up. Pretty cool. That is really neat.
It sounds almost too good to be true! I've got to find me one of those. And $2? That rocks, especially compared to those small ones we saw in that Chinatown store.
Mike- you can do rice in it. However, the secret to sticky rice is to just add a lot more water.
Yes it sounds easy but it sounds easier to just get in my car, drive up there and have you make it for me. I love yummy food.
Yum! I think I will look for one too!
Also-- short grain rice is more sticky than long grain, that might help, too.
That is cool. I remember mom steaming veggies in one similar to that when we were kids. We will have to get one too.
That sounds delicious and so healthy.
Post a Comment