I did my triathlon!! Lyndon brought the girls to cheer me on and I had a good friend drive
with me in the early morning to lessen my anxiety and coach me during transitions (huge help).
Here are my stats:
Place overall time place in age group
126 1:41:14 4/8
Place in swim swim time
142 14:08
trans time rank in bike
2:39 157
bike time trans time rank in run run time
55:16 0:53 76 28:20
I obviously do better in the run and bite in the swim and the bike....but it was fun, hard,
but fun. I also had two naked little girls waiting for me at the finish line. I wish I had a camera at my end. Claire was in lime green underwear and Sydney was sporting just her diaper. They had been swimming in the lake while waiting for me.
The run was beautiful. Through the trees and next to a lake. On my way to the finish I was
filled with gratitude. I was grateful to be where I was, have the husband I have, the girls I do, and be enjoying something so exhilarating -hard-but good. Just like anything worth while
in life-right?
My friend took picts, so I got none here to show ya (thank goodness). Our camera was out of
batteries. Go Figure.
Next goal? Half marathon this August.
14 comments:
Way to go, Missy!!! I'm sure you will do even better next time!!! I wish I was there cheering for you too!!!! And, checking on the girls (that must be really funny!!!)
GREAT JOB!
awesome!
I've always wanted to do a triathlon. What an inspiration. Go you!
Nice work. Was this an olympic-length triathlon?
I am sure you will do well on the half-marathon.
I meant to ask you all day yesturday how it went and then forgot once I had a chance so I am sooo glad that you posted this. Great job and I think you are amazing!
Great swim time! Mine is always soooooo slow!!! Way to go!
Nice job Missy! I think you're even braver to post your times! I always race under an alias so no one can look at my times! Congrats and good job!
I am really proud of you. I will take a rest to day for you in your honor that is how in shape I am.
Good job Missy! What a cool accomplishment. Your times were really good!
Good job Missy. That's awesome. I love that nervous/anxious feeling, it reminds me of my younger racing years. I am doing a half in August too. Good luck.
That is awesome! You did so great! I am trying to get ready for a half marathon this fall too!
Yay!! You did it!! I'm so proud of you! You worked so hard! We miss you guys!
You go girl!!! I am so proud of you. YOU did it!!!
Post a Comment