Friday, October 29, 2010

No more thumb

Wendy clued me into this gem (Mavala Stop) to help Claire quit sucking her thumb.  I did it about a month ago and it only took about 24 hours and she was done.

See this for details/ inspirational story.

See here for the product of mavala stop!

I painted it on Claire's thumbs while she was sleeping and tried not to laugh when she woke up gagging....makes me sound mean I know, but it only took her sticking her thumb in her mouth 4 separate times to make her quit!

7 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Nice work.

Jessica said...

I am totally buying some. I have tried everything else with my Jared, who is 6 and STILL sucks his thumb. Thanks! I'll have to let you know if it works for us.

wendys said...

I am the best aunt ever! Or worse, depending on who is talking.

Nan and Aaron said...

I NEED IT! My 5-year-old is still sucking his thumb. I'm gonna track it down. Thank you!

amber-girl said...

Thanks for the link. Our 3 yr old, Carter, still sucks his thumb at night and occasionally during the day, and I really had no idea how to get him "weaned" from it. I will have to give this a try.

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

That is seriously amazing.

Julie said...

Do they have one for nose-picking?