Friday, December 10, 2010

For Julie

My friend cleaned out her husband's closet. He had several shirts he never wore, which happened to have the tag and stickers on them. She thinks I am awesome, so she gave them to me ;) I then made them into shirts for myself. I have made three so far because I am a t-shirt junkie.
Men's Shirts to ladie's. I cut up an old favorite that had holes in the front and used it as a pattern. Then pieced the new pieces together, serged them, and volia!

 




I left the neck raw, if you will. I liked it better than me trying to create bias and line the edge...it came out wiggly on my first T.  You could serge it too, but the matterial won't fray, so no biggy.

I got a majority of inspiration and tips from this gal, MADE . I check her blog twice a day sometimes just cruising through her tutorials. (I do have a life, I promise)

10 comments:

Nae said...

You are SO cool!

Elyse said...

You are amazing! I want to make my own clothes, but I have no patience and too much perfectionism for it.

Jangs said...

You amaze me

Unknown said...

I wish I had half your talent!!!

wendys said...

great job. Very green of you!

wendys said...

p.s. I love that blog site "Made". I have never seen it before. It's time to get crafty!!

Emma Jo said...

Seriously, you just whip them up like that? You lost me at serger. But it is super cute and I am super impressed!

michaelstubbs said...

Next time you should consider making it a lot more low-cut. Nice work.

Julie said...

Thanks MIssy:) I will try that!!

amber-girl said...

How the heck? I am so lost, and you make it sound like frosting cupcakes! If I mail you some shirts, will you just make me some cuz I am pretty sure that I can never do that!