Wednesday, December 7, 2011

dumpster find part 2

 A friend of mine called to tell me that someone had thrown away a kid kitchen in her Apartment's dumpster. Lucky me.

Voila. I got "oops" paint from the hardware store for $5 a gallon and $2 for a pint. So $7 total for a "new kitchen" for the kids.

*oops paint is paint the messed up while mixing colors. They are still great colors, just not what the original person ordered.

10 comments:

Abby said...

Sweet! That is an awesome find and will entertain your kids for hours. Good job!

wendys said...

I love it! You should have saved it for an inexpensive Christmas gift!

michaelstubbs said...

Nice work.

Emma Jo said...

Amazing and adorable!!! What a find!

Julie said...

That is fantastic! now if I could just get you your old cupboard they would be set!

Elyse said...

You are amazing!!

Jared Stubbs said...

It must be an east coast thing to dump cool stuff. When I lived in DC every so often people would put nice stuff they didn't want anymore in the street, not regular garbage day, and other people would drive around and pick through it. What wasn't scavenged was picked up by the garbage truck. We found some cool stuff. Not the scores you have made though. Good job on your diving.

amber-girl said...

That.Is.Awesome. :)

Jangs said...

That is really neat!. They are lucky kids to have such a creative mom.

Abby said...

You are the dumpster NINJA! (I meant that as a compliment...) Seriously, I am inspired.