Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salt Lake City!

Calire at Lyndon's graduation 
When we moved to New Hampshire 4 years ago, I thought Utah was just going to be a place we visited family. Why you ask? No, I don't hate Utah, no I do like all those Mormons (I guess that's why I still am one) and of course I love my family, But....I also like an adventure and I had already been there and done that.

However, I have been very pleasantly surpised at how much I really do like living in the good ol' Salt Lake Valley. Let me tell you the reasons why.

-the radio stations are a plenty and I actually hear songs that I like
-the mountains, though not nearly as green as the east are breath taking, especially on morning runs.
-We have centeral air, ahhh the joy of coolness at my fingertips.
-My parents have already bailed our butts out a millons times and this would all be a much much harder transition with out them (i.e. functioning on one car, no money, no cleaning supplies, no sanity, no Lyndon)
-I can walk to the grocery store
-I can walk to my doctors office and the hospital
-more stores than Walmart and Kohls (need I say there is a Target...yes, yes, I do love a good Target)
dropping our keys off at Sachem, yeah not a flattering photo and no I am not crying...on the inside I was
-a paycheck (it hasn't come yet, but the thought of Lyndon actually getting paid for his hard work is great)
-more than one road to get you where you want to go. Those living in NH/VT can appreciate this. Especially those that hate route 12A-the only road to most shopping- like I do.
-friends. I have a lot of catching up to do with some long lost friends and I'm excited for that.
-family, of course being able to go to events that we missed being apart of.
Niagra
-it really isn't like living in Provo or Orem, or Proem as I like to call it. This may be the Church headquaters, but there is a great variety of people here. No really...I it is different.






boat ride to Niagra

playing dress up at the hotel with what they could

Navoo
So eventhough I miss my NH/VT friends terribly and the green trees, no watering lawns, fun hikes, lakes, awesome members at church, the history, the Atlantic, canoeing on the Conneticut, listening to the frogs at night, the humidity (i.e. no cracking cuticles and skin)....I think we will have a good time here. And then comes Texas.......

15 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I love your outlook-its what makes moving happy and exciting. So hard to say goodbye to good memories but so much fun stuff to look forward to.

michaelstubbs said...

See you soon!

wendys said...

So happy you are close now!!

melissa ( : said...

Good for your! So glad things are going well.

We're still missing you... but couldn't be happier for you.

Now go get some Cafe Rio for me!!
xoxo

Jangs said...

I happy your close for a minute too!!!!

Jangs said...

Excuse me. I meant. I am happy you are close for a minute too!. I need a spelling lesson or fingers that can type

Meredith said...

I don't have the same outlook about you being in Utah for the next year...but Steven is telling me to hold my tongue. We miss you guys. I miss Lyndon mentoring Steven, now I have to help him and I am not good at it.
Maybe we will take a trip out to see you with your fancy central air and multiple roads and Target.

Abby said...

I'm glad you like my home town. I keep telling Jared SLC is not like Provo. Maybe now he'll believe me. :)
We're excited to see you soon!

Julie said...

Provo is its own world, no offense intended. Salt Lake is fun-- having lived near there for 7 years. I miss having shopping stuff close by-- but I do love where I am at, too. I am glad there are some things for you to love here-- because we sure are glad you guys are closer, even if your cuticles dry out and your noses bleed more!! Love ya.

Nae said...

I'm glad we're on this end of your adventure. Hanging out with you has been a blast!

joelle said...

It is 86 degrees in my house as I am writing this...thinking chilly thoughts of you in your air! We missed being able to say goodbye to you in person and are so happy to hear you are settling in well!

Curt and Amy said...

I'm so glad that you're in Utah now, and especially in SL! Now we'll live close to each other! AWESOME! One of the reasons that we moved to SLC is that we felt it was more like being in the mission field and not everyone on your street is LDS. It's the closest to being out of state without actually being out of state, if that makes sense. :) Cute pics of you and the kids!

Katie said...

So glad you guys are having fun! We moved somewhere with Target and multiple roads, but no central air and no mountains...Sounds like fun. We will have to visit you in SLC sometime!

Ashley said...

So glad you're settling in okay and enjoying yourself! Still waiting for that Target to make my dreams come true in the Upper Valley :) Love and miss you guys!

Abby said...

I am excited for you! I think it would fun to live in SLC, just for the record. I feel differently now with kids than I used to. Alas, it will remain a place I just visit for now. Soak up all the family and fun you can! And amen to parents helping us!