Gwyneth (I want her middle name to be Isabelle, but Lyndon wont consent yet) Tyler was born Tuesday December 11th at 10:32 am.
I had to be induced on Monday afternoon due to a long weekend of having the stomach flu. The midwife sent me to the hospital to check fluids and monitor the baby a bit to make sure all was well. The heart rate was low for just long enough that I was admitted and put on cervidil (which is waaay better than pitocin...it takes a long while to take effect and labor felt like it came on naturally and slowly). I got to chill out in the jacuzzi tub once labor really started and was pretty successful at my hypnobirthing. I visualized light shooting from my fingers and (sounds so hoakey, I know, but it works) and thought of being here..... Guilin China. I visualized everything I could remember about that place. I thought, "yeah I can do this."
Then my body turned things up 100 notches and by the time I was on my side and pushing the baby out all I could see in my mind was this......
No...really...I felt like I was in a dream and my mind had flames and pain in it. Pushing without an epidural waaay different than with. Yes, more painful, but I felt like I was more in control of my body and could feel what was working or not. I also screamed like a banshee. I imagined the mother across the hall thinking, "whoa, sooo glad I have my epidural! Listen to that woman yell!"
I was amazed that the midwife didn't bother "checking" how dilated I was after her initial check once things got started. They could just tell where I was at based on my moans and groans and grunts....yes folks it was animalistic.
I cried saying goodbye to the nurse and midwife when it was all over and I was off to recovery. I felt so so grateful to them. They had helped me battle a storm by constantly massaging, or pushing on pressure points or helping me visualize "melting like butter". They didn't make me feel stupid for all my moans. It was the most incredible care during labor I have ever had and for that matter needed.
The other incredible woman that made this labor manageable was Mom. I cried when she left too (do I sound emotionally unstable?). She took my kids from me when I was sick before labor, she stayed with me at the hospital till Lyndon could get off work and help me, she fed my kids, took Claire to and from school, made every meal (steak and all the good stuff), did my laundry and folded it every day, made the girls beds, cleaned the house and bathroom, entertained Sydney, and made Gwen a hat while doing all of it.
This bucsomey picture was not intended, but let it be known here and now, that at one point in my life I did have a chest and then it was gone....how I wish it was actually gone right now. Engorgement is no fun.
Lyndon loves the fact that he has so many girls. No really he does.
Claire loves to hold Gwen and asks to do so right after school while she watches her shows. They both can't stop kissing her and loving her (thank goodness...we'll see how long that lasts)
We all love her. So happy she is here and so happy she is ours. I wish I could stay in bed all day and just snuggle her and smell her. Welcome to our lives baby Gwyneth!





22 comments:
I can't wait to meet her. And give you a giant hug for going through what you did to bring her here!
Congratulations Missy and family! So sorry you had the flu right before having a baby. I can't even imagine. And I have to say, way to go on the natural birth!
Kelly Riedel
Oh congratulations! So happy for you. I hate boob issues, the thing I hate the worst about being a new mom!! Hope you are feeling great soon!
She's adorable! Congratulations!
And go you! It's terrible to have to go through labour when you're sick/right after being sick. :/ I"m glad things worked out well!
(PS. I was MOOOOing when I had Miriam naturally—low sounds really help open those sphincters and my friend recommended mooing. Yup...it was animalistic; don't feel silly—you just brought a person into the world)!
Holy heck, you did it natural??? I always start out thinking I will do it, but chicken out and end up getting an epidural! But I haven't ever had someone coaching me, which I am sure helps. After my last two deliveries, I swore I was done having kids, but then I hear another crazy story of a friend or family member who did it natural and this little voice in the back of my head tells me, " see Amber, she did, why don't you try just one more time" ! Haha! Right. Your baby girl is simply adorable! Congrats! Enjoy loving on a new little one and keep posting pictures!!!
Wow! I am a TOTAL whimp...my first 3 were all (unintentionally) C-section and my 4th was a sweet gift from heaven where all I had to do was walk in labor & delivery, pick up my package, and walk out! :>) I suspected it before but now I know...you really are WONDER WOMAN! Congratulations. She is such a beautiful baby! Can't wait to meet her.
I am glad that you got to do it your own way and that it worked. She is a beautiful kid. I love all that hair. Ian thinks that you got her name from the Bible since it "has an extra 'th' sound in it." It's great.
You are going to have to add another pair of feet to the picture at the top! Congratulations! You take Super Mom to a whole new level. Also, loving the Lyndon beard...Mitch is in awe of it.
Congratulations! I love the name Gwyneth. I love the name Isabelle (good luck convincing Lyndon). How beautiful she is! What a cute picture of her in the big bed by herself. So tiny.
I'm so glad you had some good help (the right midwife/nurse can make all the difference). I also used hypnobirthing. I'm sorry you had a rough time. Maybe it was being sick before. I can't imagine being in labor after having the flu. That's wonderful you did it and you can enjoy your beautiful baby with your family for Christmas.
Wow Congratulations on your new little girl! I love all of your girls names, they are so feminine and pretty. Gwyneth is beautiful and I loved reading about your birth story. We are so happy for you guys!!
Congratulations! Wow! So happy for you guys! My dad was always asked if he liked having 7 girls (no boys) and of course he always said yes. I am sure Lyndon loves all his girls!
You are amazing!! Stomach flu and then birth, what a combo for a fun week. She is so beautiful, good job. And I love the bossomy photo (us flat chested Greens gotta stick together!)
Congrats!!
You are crazy. I can't believe you went natural! I really enjoyed your description of the birth - specifically the screaming. You crack me up. I am so glad there is another tyler woman in the world, gives Weston more options to marry into your family and then we can be related. I wish we lived closer, maybe in 1.5 years!
Love the name. Love the visual aid pictures... flames!!! I am so glad all turned out well!! Way to go natural birther--- I always wanted to do that-- just couldn't hack it! (Love the buxomness!! ha ha!!)
This post is cracking me up - mostly the chest part. You are amazing! Wish I could come and snuggle her right now. Congratulations and I hope to meet her next June.
Congrats you guys! She's beautiful.
Congrats! She is beautiful!
Awwwwwww!!!!! First, we are SUPER excited to see you and meet her! Second, way to go natural, especially after nasty stomach flu. I'm excited to talk to you about it...unless you don't want to relive it so soon. :) Love you so much, and can't wait to see you!
You are a woman warrior! She is gorgeous and I can't wait to snuggle her and play with her luscious locks of hair!
She is beautiful! What a blessed little girl.
monica
YOU ARE SO FUNNY'!!
i love her name and i loved reading your birth story!! No epidural = rockstar momma!! I can totally seeing you do that just from remembering how you were- glad you got to do how you wanted to!!
MOMS ARE THE BEST!!
Congratulations! I found your blog again :) I keep losing you. Your "buxomy" picture comments made me laugh because we come from the same mold.
Post a Comment