Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Claire is 1 year old!


It's amaizing how fast time has gone and how deep this little one has placed herself in my heart. I never thought I would love being a Mom as much as I do and I definately never thought I would be such a worrier over her either.


Those family members who live in close proximity know this and may judge me for it too, but what can I say, she's my first. However, after the next kid comes along, I'll let you know if that really is the case, or if I really have become something I never intended...a worry-wart.


Some of the reasons why?

-I want to avoid certain parenting methods others practice and think I should practice.

-I have the oddest dreams of forgetting to feed Claire, or locking her in the car......etc.

-She's my first and I have the time and energy to worry about a lot.
-Don't trust certain people (which is one I never thought would be my "beef" before-at least not in the way I am experiencing it)

'nough said


So, not to sound negative, despite that I texted my parents 10 times during the movie Lyndon, Rich, Xav, and I went to see last night (Prince Caspean - awesome, loved it, makes you feel good movie) I am getting better, a little better, about leaving my 1 year old!


Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Gunnell Family said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!! Missy, I think that it gets easier as they get older to leave them for a while, it is still hard for me, but a lot easier than it was a year ago.

Beka said...

wow that went fast! I cant believe she is 1!! She is still so stinking adorable! i wish we lived closer so we could play! you sound like such a great mommy!

Andrew & Naoko said...

I don't worry too much about my 1 year old Howie. I guess it's easier to leave a dog than a baby. Claire is a cutie.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Claire! We think she is the cutest little girl ever and we keep coaching Jack to be a ladies man for her!

Olivia said...

Oh my I am totally the same way. The first time we left Olivia I almost died. I am still a little paranoid but I am working on it. Claire is adorable!!! - Danielle Walker

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

She is so cute! ONE YEAR OLD! Time does fly! Did she get a cute blanket from the in-laws?

Unknown said...

You should not blame yourself...I would find it really difficult to leave such cute little girl...
Happy bday to Claire (again!!)!!!

Williams Tale Overture said...

Happy Birthday Claire! Its okay to worry a lot, I am the worst. I have two now and worry just as much or more as I did with one. I make my husband crazy how much I worry. I have never left my kids overnight, I have a hard enough time leaving them for a couple of hours.