Friday, August 8, 2008

A Historical Week.


These are pictures of us scouting out (and not in any order) the Sugarbush Maple and cheese farm, Shaker village, Plymouth, and Boston's freedom trail. We finally got our "new" car and promptly put over 400 miles on it in two days (Claire is going a bit crazy from her disrupted nap schedule).

We have had a blast. It is really fun to be around so many different sites to see and to be able to see it all with Lyndon before we kiss him goodbye for school.

Highlights? Hmmm, all of it. However, I have discovered that I love, love, love aged (4 years) horseraddish chedder. The after-taste of it is the best. Sort of like wasabi.

Boston was not only fun because of the history, but also remembering how fun it was with the Oscarson cousins. However, I realized that I missed a few things when I was eleven, so seeing it again at 27 was even better. We have yet to go to China town there (stay tuned).

On another note, our Bishop was President Calrson's AP in Tiawan and is a relative of Dick and Ann Finlacesen (no clue how to spell that), who are friends of G-parents Stubbs....small world in the church.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Beka said...

gosh, its so beautiful there! I'm jealous! How far from Boston are you?

amber-girl said...

Hey! I have a request for you! For all of us who have spouses thinking about medical school....you should share your insight and advice for all of us! Any useful sights, books, etc...?

And secondly: You are so brave! To move so far away! I admire your spirit of adventure-ism (probably not a word! :)

Julie said...

"Follow the little red line,
Follow the little red line,
Follow ,follow,follow, follow
Follow the little red line!

We're off to see the Old Church,
and Ben's grave and other one's too!"

Okay, that was really bad, but sing it in a munchkin voice and it is sort of entertaining.

Julie said...

I just looked up close to the photo collage. And here are my observations:

"Whoah-- that is an honest to goodness loin-cloth."

Lyndon-- you look really good with the beard-- very rugged. Just grab some paper towels and wear a plaid flannel shirt "rrrr-ow!!"

Beautiful scenery! How lucky you are!

SP said...

Ha! Julie you kill me.

Abby said...

The beard is looking quite rugged. As we say in my family: strong work.

Those photos are really fun! I'm glad you guys are packing in the adventures before the crazy work starts.

Czirr Family said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!->(Andrea= screaming!). I'm sooooo jelous of you guys! I miss the east so badly. Don't forget to write your jurnal you will love to read it after the school. These are gonna be great times as a family for you. Being away from everybody its really helped me to focus on being a better mom and wife. Have a looooots of MORE fun!. See ya soon . Someday we will have money and I will visit you!...well maybe I should include my family...hahaha...so "we". I got coughtin the excitement!

Jangs said...

I wish I could go with you. This looks so fun. love Lyndon's beard.

Brandi said...

NO!!!!!! Your comment alone offended me :) You will love it, oh so good! I'm glad you guys are having fun in NH...don't you love it back there? So much history, definitely way different than the West, but we love it here too...Claire is scrumptious...too cute!

Brandi said...

By the way, I guess we aren't COOL enough to be added to your "Friends and Family"...whatever Missy Stubbs (I am rolling my eyes as I am typing this)

Brandi said...

I see we are added...now I can truly be happy :)

Jared Stubbs said...

I can't wait to come out and visit, the east coast is so much fun! I am glad you guys are having such and awesome adventure. Lyndon, love the beard.

Anonymous said...

Missy! I keep forgetting that you post things on your Stubbs family blog more often than this one...Cute cute pictures, and I like the new car. Very nice. :) Someday I'll post pictures of our apartment so you can see what we've done with it! We miss you guys like crazy though. :(

Angela D said...

Lyndon, you have been Missy-ized and Eastern-ized! The beard rocks! Guta was impressed and said that if we move to Arkansas that he will need to grow one to fit in with the locals. Haha, like a Mormon guy from Brasil is going to "fit in" in a tiny southern town. I SOOO wish I could go on an excursion to see all the sites, but I'll settle for pictures of it. Thanks for the phone call Lyndon!