Sunday, October 12, 2008

3 Years



Happy anniversary to us (October 7). It came and went so fast that I almost forgot about it, but we did celebrate it on Saturday with a trip to the Boston temple and China town afterwards. I loved saying, oh it's our anniversary, we can spend $20 on parking, it's okay.


Before we got married I had an odd amount of people tell me how hard marriage was. Why? I wasn't sure of the reasons why they wanted to rain on my bliss, but I have now looked back and thought, humm, I guess they were right. Lyndon even made the comment once after going to the temple a few months back that we weren't in the garden of Eden anymore....(children, life, clothes...)


Oh! But we ARE happy and love each other, don't get me wrong, I'm just realistic and, well, blunt. There's opposition in all things, right? Where there is extreme joy, there must also be another end to it to help you appreciate what you have.


I am grateful that I have Lyndon. He works incredibly hard at anything and everything and in fact excels at anything and everything.


and he did give me this....



Good and the bad, right? Kidding(truth in all jokes, no?), I just love the picture.

13 comments:

Beka said...

YEA! Congrats on 3 years of bliss! Claire is still one of the most adorable lttle girls i've ever seen! You need to post pics of the leaves changing there...i bet its so beautiful! WE dont get much of that here, but the weather is wonderful...

Jessica said...

So true! Matt and I just celebrated 9 years. We went out to dinner, and said to each. "Wow. What a nine years. Life comes at you no matter what". It is good to have someone there to help you through the crap, and vice versa! I am sure there is just more fun and er..the other, to come!

Unknown said...

Wow...3 years already??? Time flies, doesn't it??? Is till remember the day we met Lyndon at church in 2004!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!

Sarah Evans said...

Happy Anniversary. I love the picture of Clare crying. She is so cute even when she is in tears:-)

Julie said...

I just want to kiss that little crying face of Clair Bear's. You make a great team. I am sure glad you found Lyndon and that he was lucky enough to get someone as great as you, too. Happy Anniversary!

Blackberry Bratt said...

Congratulations Missy! I wish we were closer so I could butt my little nose into all your family fun! You have such a beautiful family.

And in response to your post, I agree...marriage is laughter and tears for sure! I have to say though, that I am so grateful for the Temple and what we learn there so that we can carry some real perspective around when we run head first into one of those crying spells!

Love you!

Williams Tale Overture said...

THREE YEARS ALREADY! GOOD FOR YOU GUYS, NOW ALL YOU NEED IS ANOTHER KID AND YOU WILL BE CAUGHT UP :) I CANT BELIEVE I HAD TWO KIDS RIGHT AFTER OUR THIRD ANNIVERSARY.

Jonny said...

Three years already! It seems like only yesterday that there was a weird girl following Lyndon and video taping me in the airport...

wendys said...

Happy anniversary! Eliza just kissed the computer screen of Claire's face.

Jangs said...

We love you and I think you and Lyndon are a great team.Congratulations on 3 years.

Jared Stubbs said...

Happy anniversary! Sorry I was late, we need to get the family blog fixed so that it updates whenever you post. Oh, I love you tons Missy, but I just might love Claire and Lyndon a tiny bit more.

Amy Lynn said...

I cannot believe it has been 3 years! I remember meeting Lyndon for the first time at Chip and ML's for dinner and falling in love with the idea of the 2 of you together. You were perfect and you adored each other so much and I told Chris on the way home that I didn't remember wanting something so much for 2 people! I think you have a fabulous love story because it is real and you work hard and are so devoted to each other. Happy, happy day o' love. It just gets better and better!!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

We are coming up on our 3 year next week...crazy! Your cute little girl is such a looker already. Lyndon is going to have to sleep with a bat when she is able to date. My goodness. She is precious.

Glad you are both doing well. We love keeping up to date on things through your blog.