My mission has come full circle for me. "Vicki" Wong who I taught in my first area on my mission is going to the Vancouver Canada Mission along side "Polly" Mak whom I taught in the middle or thereabouts on my mission. They are MTC companions right now and will be serving in the same mission. How surreal is that?The Sister missionary who found them both also happened to be the same missionary (Sarah Tanner Nielson). Sarah met Vicki on the train one night and gave my comp Sister Meagan Nelson Becker and I her referral. Then later when I was companions with Sarah, she was the one to stop Polly and invite her to meet with us. It's just fun, too fun not to notice how neat it is.
The girls (Polly right of Picture and Vicki left) just sent me a sweet letter thanking me for my missionary service to them both. It's just so fun how life plays out sometimes. It also makes up for the other people I taught that have gone inactive....grrr.....sort of.
My Dad said to me once while I was deciding whether to go on a mission or not, "that not a day would go by that I didn't think of it." And he was right.
14 comments:
I am happy to hear it.
That's really neat. Good job Missy.
this is wondeful news! thanks for sharing. I am so impressed that you stay in touch with people from the mission. Great to catch up too!
Nice to hear the rest of the story some days. Its all worth it
love that pic of Polly, she's such a sweetie and is gonna be such a great missonary. can you email me her mtc/mission address? thats awesome you taught vicki to and now they are serving together, what are the odds! dont you miss those good ol'hk days?
Someday I hope I hear things like that. That is cool.
I hope I hear things like that about MY mission, I mean...I think that is an awesome story:)
You gave me chills. How neat!
Ahh I love to hear that. That is God's plan right there. I remember coming home from my mission and thinking I was a complete failure in a couple areas that I served in. i later found out that one lady that we taught and a boy that we found got baptized. It made me feel so happy. Thanks for sharing your great story.
How are you guys doing lately? We really don't do well keeping in touch. It is nice to hear bits on the blogs though.
Hey Missy! Cool story! Hey, can I put a link to your blog on our blog? Just wanted to check first. Let me know. email me at littlebec1@gmail.com. Thanks.
How amazing! Truly Amazing!
For some reason I couldn't comment a couple days ago...
I wrote both girls and I heard back from them already! They said they are doing great. I am glad you told me when you did because I think they have already left for Canada by now. It's so exciting!
That's fun to see those girls serving missions! Good job Missy! I bet you're so happy!
Post a Comment