Wednesday, November 5, 2008




This was a picture that was shown in my anatomy class to show who women could thank for their difficult labor during childbirth. Apparently these were the first bipeds, and they made it so that babies have to take a 90 degree angle to be born, as you can see below.


I think the whole baby thing is missing the bigger issue addressed in the simian picture. What I want to know is who figured out how to have tropical trees growing in the middle of the winter. I wouldn't mind having a few mangoes this winter. Hoo-Hoo Hah-Hah (like an ape)

12 comments:

SP said...

this is the most random post.... but i love you all the same.

Julie said...

I think it is funny. First of all, that is NOT how women looked BEFORE they gave birth-- that is definitely an "after having three children" picture of a woman. They had to become bipeds to run away from their three children-- HELP!!! THEIR AFTER ME!!!!! "Hurry, get on that giant horse-- that will be even faster!"

Jangs said...

All pretty funny. Good observations of the whole picture

Oscarson Photography said...

dude... thats hilarious. Way to look at the 'big picture'.

michaelstubbs said...

Way to pay attention to the details. Don't forget to mention this on the exam. I am sure that the professor will appreciate your keen eye. I mean, when I see that picture, the last thing I think of is the angle of her pelvis.

Curt and Amy said...

That's so funny Lyndon! I think that's funny, all of the observations you made! Is this taken from a textbook? After looking at the womens pelvis picture, I've decided there is no way I'm going to have babies! Too hard! lol! Man, we humans used to be hot!

Jessica said...

Now it all makes sense. By the way, I never understood why we have a "False Pelvis" and a "True Pelvis". My memories of anatomy are somewhat repressed.

Lyndon said...

To answer Jessica's question:
The false pelvis starts at the top of the ilium (hips) and goes to the pelvic inlet, which is a round opening in the middle of your hips formed by your hip bones.
The true pelvis is separated from the false pelvis by this ring of bone, but also by a membrane called the perineum that covers the opening. Your guts are above in your abdomen and false pelvis, and the bladder, rectum, uterus, etc. are in the true pelvis.

It's like a toilet. You can lean your back up against the toilet (false pelvis), but everything important happens from the toilet seat down (true pelvis).

And yes, it really is 2:31 am. I had to hammer out an anatomy review so I can spend time with my girls tomorrow : )

Lyndon said...

and i wrote "perineum", but it is the "peritoneum"

Emma Jo said...

I am just really entertained by this post. That is really funny...and so hairy.

Sarah Evans said...

Nice job there on the post...I love it when Brian comes home with things like that to show me.

Suzie Petunia said...

Female bipeds should all be required to wear bras. Or shirts at the very least.