Sunday, January 18, 2009

Frost

This lock is on the INSIDE of our door and yes, that's frost. What you can't see is the chunk of frost running down the crack of the door. I always wondered what -24 degrees felt like. Just kidding , I never have...wanted to know that is, but I got to anyway. I thought -14 was bad on Thursday, but when -24 came on Friday our car told us that that was just too cold to start up right.

14 comments:

Jangs said...

ahhh that is colder than Alaska! You have to have your car plugged in to start at that temperature. Please don't freeze!

Beka said...

Holy crap!! It was almost 80 degrees here in AZ this past week!! I dont envy you in the winter, but you are lucky to be there in every other season:) when do you find out what you are having? i'm excited to hear!

Gunnell Family said...

Man that is cold! It will likely only get colder as the season wears on. I can't say we miss any kind of weather like that, but what a great experience for you.

Unknown said...

Wow...I can´t imagine something that cold!!!! I´m glad you are safe and warm at home...well, safe and warm as much as possible, of course!!!! :o)

Emma Jo said...

ooh, chilly. I hope you have good heat in your place. I say, everyone put on footsy jammies and go back to bed!

wendys said...

I remember having ice on the inside of our doors all the time in Alaska! Just don't let Claire lick it!

michaelstubbs said...

I won't hear any complaints until you spend a month at -50 while writing a master's thesis and tending a teething 8 month old child.

collinanddani said...

That's just not cool.

Abby said...

Uh, yuck. Hope you guys have a lot of hot chocolate and blankets.

Julie said...

Brrrrr. I triple-dog-dare you to stick your tongue on it.

Czirr Family said...

That's soooooooo funny! well because I'm here now...haha...but I remember when I couldn't open the door of my car for a few days because it was totally frozen...going nowhere for a while i thought!...I tatslly know what are you talking about...enjoy it!! just kidding!...
A warm hug to you guys from the Czirrs!

mo said...

Man, that looks really cold. Do the locks & handles on your car freeze, too? I hate it when that happens.

Tina said...

That is just ridiculous! IN the HOUSE! Hope you're all keeping your little toes warm!

Amy Lynn said...

STAY IN BED! Wear fleece, drink lots of hot chocolate with marshmallows, and get a heating pad. Life is cancelled when it is that cold!