Friday, May 21, 2010

TICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was on my leg the other night and I tell you Lyndon could not have gotten it off fast enough. I was  f r e a k i n g out. Mostly because it was eating me and I could not feel it! It was attached...and not as easy to get off and unlatched as I had hoped.  All the yokals, or people used to pulling ticks off themselves daily think I'm a wussy. Maybe. Okay, so I am when it come to ticks. Blah! I think I'd take a spider over this. At least you can feel it bite!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Oh sick sick sick!! I still wouldn't want a spider bite-- that is a toss up though. Can't you get Rocky Mountain Fever from ticks back East? Or would it be some other kind of disease named after the geography? CREEPY!!!!! Tick checks every night now, right? AHHHHHHHH! I have the creeps.

We did find ticks sometimes when we lived in Bountiful-- the deer came off the mountains all the time and roamed around the bushes by our house. I'm sure that is where they came from. I never caught one sucking my blood though!!!!

Unknown said...

Well, when I was a kid and used to spend more time at the farm, I got thousand of them... what my mom did was rubbing alcohol on them and they could easily drop.

Nae said...

Ew! Not cool! I'm so glad you were able to dispose of it! *Shudder...*

Jangs said...

Oh ick, ick ick. I hate ticks. Use to have to pull them off the dog. Can't stand the things. Good job Lyndon. You saved the day

SP said...

Cris, I am so glad to know your Mom's method. I am definitely trying that if there is ever a next time, blah.

and yes you can get Rocky mountain fever or Lyme disease, depending on the type that you get. This guy on me would have given me Rocky mountain fever had we not caught it.

michaelstubbs said...

I used to live and work outdoors and not get ticks. I don't know how.

Rich said...

The first time I ever got a tick was when I visited you missy... I have had fleas though. Other than the lyme disease thing, it's hard to say which I'd hate more.

Czirr Family said...

Welcome to the east!...We used to find ticks on Jack everytime we came back from his walk!...One time we went to the park and they croll in our legs it was so yucky!. They were thousands on the ground during summer season..I hated them!.

Kelly said...

Our son John was bit a year ago. No bulls eye, but it was on him for several days before we realized what it was (we were in the middle of nap/night time potty training).

Every time he gets sick I still wonder if it is tick related. But I just bought some honey from a local lady who said she's been bit 3 times this year already and it's no big deal unless you see the bulls eye. Hope she's right!

Did you know that ticks are arachnids?

Emma Jo said...

I know two ways to prevent ticks...I heard sunscreen or a well lotioned body because they can't grab on...also, I know a certain manly husband who wore panty hose once on a boot camp overnight hike because ticks can't get through them. Make sure you get the sturdy nude colored ones cause they are the coolest.

Smart said...

Disgusting!! I can't believe it happened!!! That's the real reason we left!