Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Burgers falling from Heaven

 Lyndon is all ours for TWO weeks! So today we went to NH's Hampton Beach!
 We hadn't been in 2 years in our almost 4 year stint here, so it was high time to go again.
 We had the best time we have ever had there and concluded that it was because we didn't care about Sydney's nap time and had no one younger than her to care for...so we played, and played, and played.
 Claire at one point in the day was building a "drip castle" and all of a sudden heard (we all heard it) a big "plop!" right next to her.
 A burger had dropped right out of the sky right next to her!
 She looked stunned, but not as stunned as when the seagulls who dropped it came swooping in to get their lost lunch.
 The birds flocked all around her and when they didn't leave quick enough for Claire, she bolted for us while at the same time, Sydney bolted for the birds.
 Sydney chased birds the rest of the day.
 Sadly we didn't have the camera handy for the burger bird drop.

 But we did record all the fun we had.
 And no one drowned.


 No sun burns...






 But a lot of sand was taken home....

 And we wore ourselves plum out.

9 comments:

Emma Jo said...

That could be a scene straight from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs! What a fun family outing! I am so glad you have your hubby for a while. And seriously, you guys could not be any more darling.

Abby said...

How fun! Going to the beach sounds like the perfect summer vacation. I wish we could come visit... maybe one day we'll make it happen.

wendys said...

So glad you are all back together again!

Whitney said...

Haha that is pretty funny! Your girls are adorable and so big! You must be getting close to being done out there right? If you ever come out to California, let us know!

michaelstubbs said...

I am glad that you get some time together. Sounds like fun.

Julie said...

I was going to say what Emily said-- funny movie!!

I would love to hang out at the beach-- that would be so much fun. I recognize that cute pink swim cover-up, it makes me realize how fast they grow!!

Jangs said...

Oh I want to play on the beach with you all. IT looks so fun and inviting. What a great time!. Love the hamburger thing. Too funny!

Katie said...

What a great adventure! I love picturing Claire and Sydney's reactions to the burger/bird incident. Love it! Wylie told me he wanted go to your house today. I said "me too!" miss you guys!

Veronica said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! you are so lucky to have Lyndon for 2 weeks!