Friday, October 31, 2008

Soccer or River Dancing?



Lyndon has been playing soccer with his classmates the past few weeks and yesterday there was a playoff between the 1st years and the 2nd years (1st years won (us) after 10 minutes of overtime and then when that didn't break the tie, a shoot off).

It's been fun seeing Lyndon's mad soccer skills come to life after their, hummm 5 year hiatus or more. He really is good. Too bad the weather is so gosh darn cold now, but we had several layers on to see the fun.









I didn't take these pictures...not sure who did, but as you can tell, Claire is loved. She was a bit of a mascot for the team...both teams, being that out of both 1st and 2nd year of med students, Claire is the only kid/baby.



10 comments:

Julie said...

So great! Ummm, does Lyndon need shin guards? I have a pair-- cheap pair, but they work..... I guess he is tough. I remember on my intramural soccer team at USU, the opposing team's goalie got his tibia broken in two-- someone kicked him dang hard. We heard it all across the field.

I wish we could see him play!

Jared Stubbs said...

I have some sweet soccer socks I can donate to the cause, that was my favorite part of intramural soccer in DC, the socks. I love the photos.

Anonymous said...

I love the mascot! Is it weird to be the only couple with kids?? Must be fun too. :) I'm sure Jonathan wishes he could play with Lyndon again. And I wish I could watch with Missy and Claire!

Jangs said...

Looks like an intense game. GO 1st YEARS!!! Claire is a good mascot. Miss you all

michaelstubbs said...

Nice foot work. It looks like fun. I wish that I had played more during college.

Unknown said...

I loves this last picture of Lyndon and Claire together!!
And...once again...Flamengo woolly hats!!!!! :o)

Sarah Evans said...

Love the pictures...good job on the sports shots. You are a natural!

Gunnell Family said...

Lyndon, you've got to teach Alan some of your moves, he could use a refresher! Claire is such a cutie!

Czirr Family said...

"hey, Lindo" I didn't know you know how to play soccer...I'm such a fanatic of soccer! I used to go to the games with my brothers and I still watch the whole "world cup"...I don't miss not even one game of it...oh well...you looked really cute and what can I say of little Claire!..she is adorable!...How cold it is down there?..I'm so happy for being here this winter...it has been in the 40 and we can still be in shirts and sandalls!

Angela D said...

I vote for Claire Roxy as a marvelous mascot! You guys are tough to be in chorts in the cold! Guta would love to be playing with you too!