I may regret asking for this, but hey, it'll be fun.
I am asking for input on this upcoming baby's name. Yes, I am considering serious suggestions, however, there is one rule. It has to go well with the middle name Pearl. That's lyndon's great Grandma's name and I am pretty darn set on giving it to this next baby girl (I mean, if Claire gets her great Grandma Roxy's name, we gotta have another meaningful grandma mentioned in the next child).
So, there ya go....surprise me with all your wonderful ideas, but seriously folks I am open (to serious ideas). I just hate scanning books and Internet for this. It makes my brain tired.
Winner will get the satisfaction of knowing that I went with the name they suggested.
spanks.
24 comments:
Abby; Madelyn - Maddy; just a start.
Julia?? Is that too close to my name? Krislyn, Randi, Elizabeth, Josie, Janet, Eva, Ella, Emma, Savannah, Miranda, Shaylee, Tacy, Oakley, Cassandra, Eliza, ---
Okay, so I am going through Primary children's names now....I can't think of many.
Two names I have liked are Lyla, and Nora. There you go. I like Naomi also for some reason...As in the Bible name, not one of the Judds.
I love Jane
and
Alice and call her Allie (both go with Pearl)
...Hmmm...
Sarah
Elizabeth
Robyn
Emily
Hagar
Hephzibah
Some were already mentioned. Some you shouldn't take seriously...
The Bible has been overdone. Go with something medieval and/or germanic like Birgitte (pronounced burr-Gee-ta). I think that this goes well with Pearl and Tyler. Or go with something from Tolkien: Eowyn, Arwren, Frodo...
Okay, here are some of my friend's girls names...Eden, Kambria, Ellie, Reese, Olivia, Emery, London, Zada, Berkley, Macy, Emma, Jade, Brinkley. Hope that helps a little!
Oh, I love the names Katy and Emma. They are my favorites. You can always name her after your favorite cousin...Amy Pearl. :>) I think it has a certain ring to it!
When is your due date? How are you feeling?
Some of my favorites:
Lydia
Nora
Miriam
Jacquelyn (Jackie)
Lily
Julia
I love the name Alice, too, but I would be worried people would think she was named after Alice from Twilight.
My name is Nancy Pearl. My grandma's name is Zetta Pearl, but she went by Pearl instead of Zetta.
I thought, for a while, of naming Rachel: Anneliese Pearl. She ended up Rachel Anneliese instead. (Pronounced Anna-lisa, which sounds better followed by Pearl than with out the last a).
If there happened to be another Nancy Pearl out there, I wouldn't be offended. :)
Also, Magdalena. Or anything, as long as it is more than 1 syllable.
Have you ever used the Baby Name Wizard? I love it.
How about Linda? Sounds good with Pearl...and would have nice meaning (at least in portuguese- something like beautiful pearl!!)...I also like the name Melaine...people would call her "Mel", right?
I guess that´s all I could come up with right now!!!
Amy Pearl is my grandma's name - the one we named our Amy after - although Amy is Amy Catharine, not Amy Pearl. Still, it was fun to see that suggestion. I wanted to ask for suggestions on our blog too, but Matt said not allowed. I have a top 5 girls' names list right now (because we are in the same boat.) None of these names are ones that Matt likes so I am out of luck. Maybe you and Lindon will like some.
Sophie - currently #1
Olivia - a bit overused, but still cute
Megan - I just like it
Molly
Betsy
I don't know how those sound with Pearl. I can't decide. But I like them. And I think they sound pretty good with our baby's selected middle name, but if your husband doesn't like it, you get vetoed. Good luck!
Freshwater, Shiny, or Pink.
Or you could go more conservatively with Kate, Meg, Adrienne, Melanie, Anne, Mia.
Don't look at me...I am totally out of girl names. I just wanted to see what everyone else said. I'm sure it will be just as adorable and cute at older sister!!!
Wow! That was incredibly helpful! really, I am so glad I asked! I have many names to consider now. Thanks!!
I like the suggestions of Sophie, Madelyn and I have always liked the name Hannah. But I will like whatever you pick
Please, please !!!...please pick anything your auntie can pronounciate!!!...some of those names are wierd and really hard to say...(haha). or i will just have to call your baby... "hey you".
I love the names Eva (pronounced A-va) or Zara (not like Sarah, more like czar-a...if that makes sense). And I would use them for my own kids but Jonathan doesn't like them. So maybe Lyndon won't either. Or maybe you won't, since you're more like Jonathan. ;)
Are you still up for suggestions, now that you have a ton to mull about?
Names already suggested that I love: Ella (Ellie), Tacy, Lily, and Sophie.
New names to add to the now never-ending list: Kyra (which is my fav), Breckley, Sadie, Bella (though you really couldn't use this one because of Twilight), Bethany, Kylie, Keeli, Teagon, Rylei, Cara, Ceceli....that's all I got! Good luck!!!! I got a lot of great names now, for when I have my next girl! Thanks!
Jane, Lola, Lila, Vivi, and my personal fav Laney. Had Milo been a girl that would be his name. That is my two bits. Good luck with the name thing, it's the hardest game I've ever played.
Just don't name her anything hard to spell or hard to read for the millions of phonically-challenged people in the world (many of them teachers)[I speak from experience] My suggestion--Mya.
love, "Ant" Cassie[not pronounced Casey as most of my teachers said it in school.]
Has anyone suggested "Sadie"?
SADIE
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English
Pronounced: SAY-dee [key]
Diminutive of SARAH
SARAH
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English, French, German, Jewish, Arabic, Biblical
Other Scripts: שָׂרָה (Hebrew), سارة (Arabic)
Pronounced: SER-ə (English), SAR-ə (English), ZAH-rah (German) [key]
Means "lady" or "princess" in Hebrew. This was the name of the wife of Abraham in the Old Testament. She became the mother of Isaac at the age of 90. Her name was originally שָׂרָי (Saray), but God changed it (see Genesis 17:15). In England, Sarah came into use after the Protestant Reformation.
TOP 100 NAMES: (GUARANTEED CORRECT BECAUSE I GOOGLED IT!)
1. Emily
2. Emma
3. Madison
4. Abigail
5. Olivia
6. Isabella
7. Hannah
8. Samantha
9. Ava
10. Ashley
11. Sophia
12. Elizabeth
13. Alexis
14. Grace
15. Sarah
16. Alyssa
17. Mia
18. Natalie
19. Chloe
20. Brianna
21. Lauren
22. Ella
23. Anna
24. Taylor
25. Kayla
26. Hailey
27. Jessica
28. Victoria
29. Jasmine
30. Sydney
31. Julia
32. Destiny
33. Morgan
34. Kaitlyn
35. Savannah
36. Katherine
37. Alexandra
38. Rachel
39. Lily
40. Megan
41. Kaylee
42. Jennifer
43. Angelina
44. Makayla
45. Allison
46. Brooke
47. Maria
48. Trinity
49. Lillian
50. Mackenzie
51. Faith
52. Sofia
53. Riley
54. Haley
55. Gabrielle
56. Nicole
57. Kylie
58. Katelyn
59. Zoe
60. Paige
61. Gabriella
62. Jenna
63. Kimberly
64. Stephanie
65. Alexa
66. Avery
67. Andrea
68. Leah
69. Madeline
70. Nevaeh
71. Evelyn
72. Maya
73. Mary
74. Michelle
75. Jada
76. Sara
77. Audrey
78. Brooklyn
79. Vanessa
80. Amanda
81. Ariana
82. Rebecca
83. Caroline
84. Amelia
85. Mariah
86. Jordan
87. Jocelyn
88. Arianna
89. Isabel
90. Marissa
91. Autumn
92. Melanie
93. Aaliyah
94. Gracie
95. Claire
96. Isabelle
97. Molly
98. Mya
99. Diana
100. Katie
I HATE NAMING CHILDREN!!!!!
(I mean, really, who are we to choose someone's name?)
I love Julie's suggestion, Miranda.
What about Francis? I'm not kidding, just in case you're laughing. James and I fought over both names and both names are compromises--I mean why does he care so much, anyway?
I fought so hard for Poppy and long story short we have Stella. (No matter what they become their name, so I don't know why it stresses me out so much!)
Post a Comment