Sunday, July 24, 2011

Oh New Hampshire!!

 I started to read this book titled "Last child in the woods" or something like that. It motivated me to take the girls on more hikes in our back yard and just hang out outside more because they are where I am.
 The author bored me after the first 5 pages, but that's all I needed to get his message. I didn't care for all his research behind why it is so important to spend more time outside vs. inside. I don't need it beat into my head to get out more.
 One point that he made was one that I had already heard my Dad make comments on- and that was, "Kids are not ADD or ADHD, they are 'wilderness deficiant'"...now don't get mad at me, I know there is legitimacy in the above conditions, but I do believe there is truth to what being outside more can do for the body, soul, and mind.
 This is the lil' fam on top of Mt. Cartigan- Beautiful! And Windy! I thought Syndey was going to blow off.



 Her little Mountain goat legs kept climbing around though. (there was a rusty old tower on top...fire tower?? Not sure, doesn't help for looks, but what can you do).

 I don't think any boy scouts peed in this puddle....

 This kid is danger. She would have jumped off the side if we let her. Heaven help me keep her alive.



 When Sydney started stripping, we knew it was time to head back down the mountain.
 Another day on the Connecticut
 Water Lillies




we think we're so funny, or at least I do......
Now don't you want to come and visit??? Before we move of course!

8 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

I just bought that book for Wendy. FUN! What a great climb and swim.

wendys said...

I'm sold. We have to visit. And I love your headband.

Nae said...

Wow!!!! I can't believe how grown up the girls are. And you and Lyndon look great! And New Hampshire looks great! We really miss you. :)

Jared Stubbs said...

Are there any jobs for lawyers in New Hampshire?

Julie said...

How fun!!!

Jangs said...

I love the pictures. makes me so homesick to see you all and I wish I was in New Hampshire too. Great post

Alicia said...

You and your family are so cute! New Hampshire looks beautiful.

Beka said...

so beautiful there, i'm jealous...i agree with the "outside" theory, there's nothing like being outside for kids....but here in AZ where its 110degrees, its a bit hard in summer:) your little ones are so cute:)